Wednesday 10 April 2013

It's The Little Things In Life...

Sunny days in Alcalá!
It's often said that it's the little things in life that make us happy, and I think this is true. I think it's fair to say everyone has a list of things that make them happy. I do. However, over the last three years, that list of the "little things" that make me happy is so much longer now because of my diabetes. 

So there are the normal things:
  • Sunny days
  • Snow days
  • Duvet days with my housemates
  • Getting a coffee with extra foam
  • Seeing an old couple holding hands (I'm a sucker for it!)
  • When my godson says "Please, Vicki"
  • When I get a text/email out of the blue from friends
  • Cups of tea
  • Back-to-back marathon of a favourite tv show 
  • A good book
Then there are the diabetes-related things:
  • Buying a new make-up bag for my diabetes stuff
  • Waking up on a 5.5mmol/l (Best feeling ever!)
  • Going to a restaurant, completely guessing my carbs and bolusing correctly
  • Eating cake and bolusing correctly
  • Having a whole day with good sugar levels
  • Changing my lancet after god-knows how long
  • Getting an updated version of Carbs and Cals (the book I use when it comes to carb counting).
Funny how something I don't want to have has managed to bring some level of happiness to my life, even if it is just waking up on a 5.5mmol/l once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment