Friday 28 June 2013

Together.

My Person and My Chica.
I'm not really in touch with anyone from sixth form anymore, and those I am in touch with are, quite literally, my best ones: Nem, Jones and E.Hales.


So Jones and E.Hales.


My extended family, where E.Hales is Supermum to Doodle and Jones and I have "Auntie" titles. We call each other out when we think a person's in the wrong. We tell each other when lines have been crossed. We drink ridiculous amounts of tea. And coffee for that matter. We (well, Jones and I) enjoy playing with Doodle's toys more than Doodle actually does. We can find a Friends quote for every situation (some may say we have an unhealthy addiction to that show...we disagree!)

But, most importantly, we pull through for each other no matter what. We don't always agree on things, but we never stop caring. We've been through a hell of a lot over the years, and we've always been there for each other.

Old friends. New friends. Boyfriends. Heartbreak. Family problems. Diabetes. Pregnancy. University. Moving. Year abroad. And a hell of a lot more. 

It's been a long couple of days, and I am drained. As excited as I am about going back to Norwich, the timing sucks. I'm needed here with them. Not only am I needed, but I want to be here with them. 

It's days like today when I remember just how lucky I am to have them in my life. We've been through too much together to walk away from each other now.

"Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it."

And we will. Every minute of it. The good, the bad, the ugly. Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment