Thursday 26 September 2013

"How Social Media Helps Us With Type 1 Diabetes."

I seem to have written a lot over the last few weeks about social media and the diabetes online community (DOC), how it helps me and why I use it. In keeping with this, I'm going to point you in the direction of another blog written by Kev, parent of a child with diabetes, called Circles of Blue. In particular, I'd like to send you to the post "How social media helps us with type 1 diabetes" where you will find a leaflet made by Kev himself showing how it has helped him and Amy and how to get involved yourself. 

So if you're an avid reader of blogs but never really comment, a lurker on forums but not too sure what to say or unsure how to use Twitter or Facebook, take a look at Kev's leaflet. Everything you need to know is written there. 

Then, if and when you're ready, get involved!

That sense of community within the DOC really is something.

1 comment: