Thursday 5 September 2013

Stubborn Sugars.

I'm a little paranoid when it comes to my blood sugar reading before bed. I like to be on an 8 [point] something. Anything below that, and I do snack before bed. Like last night. 7.2mmol/l. So I had a glucose tablet to "top up", if you will, cleaned my teeth and then checked my blood again. 

I should really know by now to never clean my teeth until I'm certain my blood sugar is stable for sleep.

5.6mmol/l.

Two more glucose tablets. With the taste of mint toothpase. Not nice.

4.2mmol/l.

Now I'm effed off. I wanted to go to sleep.

But diabetes had other plans. 

I reached for my apple juice carton and drank half. And then I had to be patient and wait for my blood sugar to come back up. So I played that Minion Rush game on my phone - totally addicted - and waited for my blood sugar to come back up. 

Godson, Doodle, in his baby days.
Twenty minutes later, and my blood sugar was 8.5mmol/l. I went and cleaned my teeth again, and finally collapsed in bed around 1am, letting sleep take over. Kind of like this (---->), giving diabetes the finger too!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment