Thursday 7 November 2013

Life With Diabetes: What Diabetic Bloggers Want You To Know.



This is version one of what they've created, and they're hoping to create more as Diabetes Awareness Month continues. Here's my contribution:

I know I don't "look" sick, but I have to live with type one diabetes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, for the rest of my life. Or until they find a cure.

Diabetes doesn't go away. Unfortunately, my pancreas took an early retirement, and it's not planning on coming out of that retirement...ever! It's something I have to factor in to many decisions every day. And just when I think I've nailed that decision making process, another curveball is thrown my way. I learnt a long time ago that the words "perfection" and "diabetes" are never gonna go together. It's a frustrating condition to live with. And, as sad as it is to admit this, it's my biggest insecurity, because it's the one thing about my being that I cannot change.

We deserve a cure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment