Wednesday 27 November 2013

Postcards.

This year, I took part in the World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange. It's been so much fun! With the help of a friend, I made five postcards and sent them all Stateside, and I received them in return. I've never been so excited to receive mail, and I don't care if it's sad to admit that! I didn't know anyone on my list of recipients, so I was excited to see what was written on their postcards.

The first I received was from Colleen (bottom left) who actually write the diabetes blog D-Meanderings - go check it out!

The second came with lots of WDD related info on the front (bottom right), which is a great way of raising awareness! I'm under the impression she also sent postcards to family and friends, which is awesome!

The third and fourth postcards showed up on the same day - one from Lee Ann (top right), founder of the WDD postcard exchange and she also writes a blog called The Butter Compartment. The brightly coloured one (top left, if you haven't guessed!) came from a lady and her family, and she also included a picture of them all, which I loved!

The fifth arrived just last weekend and was covered in blue circles with different motivations written in each of them (bottom middle), which I thought was a great idea!

Taking part in the exchange has helped make new connections within the DOC, and I really hope I can maintain a few, if not all, of them. Thank you so much to all in my group that sent me a postcard! I've loved receiving them and all will be displayed proudly in my room. Once again, I feel very proud to be a part of the diabetes community.


No comments:

Post a Comment