Tuesday 31 December 2013

Saying Goodbye To 2013.

I love New Year's! To take a quote from the film New Year's Eve:

"[it's] a time for us to reflect upon our triumphs and our missteps - our promises made and broken. The time we opened ourselves up to great adventure - or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt. Because that's what New Year's is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. To stop worrying about 'what if' and start embracing what would be."

This year has been a busy one. 

I bid Toulouse "au revoir" back in January and moved to Alcalá. Things got difficult, but it led to me starting this blog, and for some reason or another you're reading it! I also got more involved in the diabetes community, which has done wonders for my emotional wellbeing. I "celebrated" my three year diabetes anniversary. I travelled. I made mistakes and celebrated successes, both diabetically-speaking and in my personal life. Circle D celebrated its 5th birthday. I took part in Diabetes Blog Week, Diabetes Week, No D Day and Diabetes Awareness Month, which comprised of World Diabetes Day and the WDD Postcard Exchange. I went to events (HPD's Greater Minds Inspire and the DUK Big Event), taking my online friends offline.

My godson turned 2 back in February. I finally got my butt Stateside and met up with one of my favourites, Lopez. I celebrated turning 21. I survived my first semester back at uni after year abroad and learnt that sleep's over-rated. One of my friends got engaged. 

I'm so excited to see what 2014 brings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment