Friday 14 February 2014

Five For Friday: So Cheered Up.

Tonight at Brownies we're making "Cheer Up Boxes". In short, each girl is going to make and decorate their own "cheer up box" and then write about something nice about each other girl in the group. At the end, each girl will be given the nice things written about them to put in their "cheer up box" to take home. Awesome, right?!

In keeping with this positivity, five things I like about having diabetes, because if I focus too much on the bad stuff, the burden of this crappy condition will eat me alive:

1. The DOC - I love it! It's "open" 24/7, 365 days a year, and there's always someone there to listen, and I've been lucky enough to meet some of them off line too. 

2. The fact that I'm very aware of my health - I watch what I eat, I work out regularly, things which, if I'm honest, I wouldn't worry about so much if it weren't for my diabetes diagnosis. 

3. Being able to organise my diabetes supplies when I pick up a new prescription from my GP.

4. When I empty the make up bag I use to carry my diabetes stuff in at the end of the day and see the pile of test strips I've used - okay, it sucks that I checked my blood sugar however many times, but it also leaves me feeling like I was really on the ball that day.

5. The fact that there's a badge from Brownies on my blanket for diabetes awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment