Saturday 24 May 2014

DUK: Thank You!

In case you missed it, Tuesday's Our Diabetes chat was hosted by Diabetes UK and they were looking for Feedback on a campaign they called "Choccy Barred". The concept was that people gave up chocolate to fundraise for DUK. 

Image taken from Google Images.
The community's views were strong, and I can understand why. I actually had a blog post written myself about it and went to publish when I saw the Diabetes UK had withdrawn the idea (under picture, part "from Diabetes UK")

I was against it. I'm all for fundraising, and I understood the concept of the "Choccy Barred" campaign - it was the name that grated on me. Given that people with diabetes are often faced with comments regarding their diabetes and diet, a campaign name such as that wasn't exactly going to help!

However, like I've said, the idea has been withdrawn. So instead, I'd like to say this:

People at Diabetes UK, thank you! Not only did you take to the community to ask for our thoughts via a tweetchat, but you also listened to what "we" had to say, and, I can't speak for the community as a whole, but that means a lot to me.

So, again, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment