Sunday 24 May 2015

Diabetes Blog Week: Day 6 - Favourites And Motivations.


Still playing catch up...


*      *      *      *      *      *

If you have been blogging for a while, what is your favourite sentence or blog post you have ever written? Is it diabetes related or just life related? If you are a new blogger, and don't have a favourite yet, tell us what motivated you to start sharing your story by writing a blog.

It was weird going back through old blog posts, and interesting to read just how much things have changed since I first started this blog: where I'm at in my personal life, where my health is at, how my writing has changed and what I use this blog for. 

My motivations for blogging are often changing. 

More often than not, it's to clear my head (diabetes therapy!)

Sometimes it's to share information.

Or tell a story. Celebrate an achievement. Vent after a bad day. 

And sometimes it's because I just want to. Sounds a little silly, right? Wanting to blog about life with diabetes and share with the Internet? I enjoy writing. And I'm proud of this little corner of the Internet. This is my platform to connect with others. I've made friends as a result of this blog. And, emotionally, I'm much better off for having it.

To read more posts for day six of Diabetes Blog Week, click here.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree - sometimes its just great to vent and pour my thoughts into this little corner of the internet - and those kinds of posts often turn out to be the most successful ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And most of the time I feel so much better afterwards. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete