Saturday 8 June 2013

Welcome Home!

Best welcome home ever?!
Since returning to the UK, things have been busy to say the least. I was greeted at the airport by my sister, which was lovely! If you'd asked me three years ago if there would ever be a point when my sister and I actually get on, I would have said "no". I was wrong. The catalyst for us suddenly getting on?! Me moving out for university! She helped me with my cases and then her, my Dad and I went and got breakfast at Frankie and Benny's before heading back.

Once back at home, I dumped my case and pretty much headed straight back out again as I needed to pick up my prescription. I'd manage to plan it that I was running out of needles and test strips when I came home, so needed to stock up! Then, because my sister had work and my Dad was going out (and I wasn't gonna sit around doing nothing on my first day back!) Jones and I arranged to go see the lovely E.Hales and my gorgeous godson, Doodle. And I was greeted with the best "Welcome Home!" E.Hales and Doodle had been very busy and made me a "Welcome Back" card and multi-coloured cookies which tasted amazing, by the way! I couldn't have asked for more! We spent the afternoon catching up, playing games with Doodle. I didn't realise how much I missed being called "Auntie Vicki"! 

At present, my sugar levels are all over the place! But that was to be expected. Change and my diabetes are not a match made in heaven! But I'm working on it, adjusting as well as I can, and I know it's going to take some time for things to settle down. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying being back and catching up with everyone here in Kent. This is the start of, what I hope is going to be, a very good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment