Thursday 22 August 2013

Good For The Sole.

Yes...I do have weird tan lines!
There are a number of health reasons as to why people with diabetes need to control their blood glucose levels: there's the obvious immediate benefit of just generally feeling good and being able to function like a normal human being and then there are the long-term benefit of reducing the risk of diabetes-related complications. Retinopathy, cardiovascular disease, nephropathy, neuropathy. And for those of you that aren't medically-minded (like myself): eyes, heart, kidneys, feet.

I get my feet checked once a year by my endo when I have my Annual Review (aka health MOT) but between those checks, I don't really think to pay much attention to them. I paint my toe nails but that's about it. I'm not a huge fan of having people touch my feet, so having a pedicure or something like that has just never happened.

Until now. 

I figured it was about time I put my feet first. With some money I got for my birthday, I booked myself in for a pedicure at a local gym. One deluxe pedicure. 75 minutes of someone touching my feet. This was a big deal. But I did it. And my feet feel lovely. Look good too (if feet can look good?!) And what's more?! I'd totally go again! All in the name of diabetes health, of course! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes-in the name of diabetes, we diabetics should get pedicures often ;-) Too bad we can't have health insurance cover them hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome if we could get pedicures in the name of diabetes health!

      Delete