Wednesday 25 September 2013

Settling Back In.

I'm now officially a final year student! Three days in and I'm already shattered, have so much work to do and having doubts about how I'm gonna get through this semester. 
Yep.
Definitely a final year student. 
And we've not even started the dissertation yet. That's something I've got to look forward to next semester. 
However, in spite of the work load and tiredness, I'm so grateful for the routine I now have. I get up in the mornings and have a decent breakfast before leaving for campus. I walk to campus, I go to class, I have a break for lunch. I work on campus until 4 or 5 in the afternoon and then walk home. I spend time with my housemates, have dinner and am more than ready to enter the land of nod around 11pm. So my sleeping pattern is much better too.
Routine is good for me with regard to my diabetes management. I learnt that on my year abroad when everything started to slip. Trying to juggle diabetes management on top of everything else isn't exactly smooth-sailing at the moment, but the routine is helping me to spot patterns and work out what needs adjusting. I also have an appointment with my DSN in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to sit down with her and figure things out. I'm by no means expecting perfection (because "perfect" and "diabetes" never go together) but I can't let my management slip this year as this last year of uni is so important. 
I want to graduate with a good degree classification, and I want to get on to the PGCE course at my current uni. 
That's the end goal here.
And I will do everything I can to make it happen. 
Final year: let's do this.     

No comments:

Post a Comment