Saturday 16 November 2013

Six For Saturday?! - WDD 2013.

Yesterday was crazy busy, so I figured I'd blog today whilst on the train to visit my sister. November 14th marked World Diabetes Day, and there was so much going on I don't even know where to start! Here's a brief rundown of what was going on!

Image from @txtingmypancreas.
1. #WDDChat13 - There was a 24 hour (yes, 24 hour) tweet chat that took place, with each hour being hosted by a different member of the online community. It was pretty amazing, and I wish I had the time to take part in an hour or two, but with uni and errands to run, I couldn't. What I saw of the chat though was awesome!

2. #DayofDiabetes - Lots and lots of people, myself included, tweeted a "day of diabetes". In short, every time I did something where diabetes needed to be taken into account, I tweeted it. It was weird to have to consciously log every moment, but it was interesting to do, and I will write my thoughts on the day next week. 

3. "Diabetes won't stop me!" - A "You Can Do This Project" and "Jerry the Bear" collaboration. Loads of videos popped up, all of which can be found on the YCDT Project website by clicking here.

4. "Type Onesie" - Organised by JDRF UK, all you had to do was get sponsored to wear a oneside. Simple, and lots of fun. If you click here, you can see a whole host of pictures!

5. Blue buildings - various landmarks across the world were lit up blue in honour of WDD. I'm very proud to say that both City Hall and Norwich Castle were lit up blue.

6. And this where I'm gonna cram everything else into point number 6...#WDD trended on Twitter (image above), it was the first birthday of Team Novo Nordisk, an all-diabetes sports team (click here to see a video of their journey so far), #whoisbanting, a Diabetes UK awareness-raising idea and lots and lots of blogs - Daisy, Kev, Laura, Louise, Anna, Sam and we've not even touched upon diabetes bloggers outside of the UK!    

No comments:

Post a Comment