Friday 17 January 2014

Five For Friday: Eye, Eye.

My Twitter feed is currently filled with people sharing information about the Google Smart Contact Lens (link below), so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and share it too, along with a few other links! 

1. "Google unveils smart contact lenses that lets diabetics measure their glucose levels" - it's pretty awesome how it would work! Technology's amazing!

2. Last weekend, there were a lot of tweets in my feed with the hashtag "#MedtronicDAF". I read around and found out it was a Diabetes Advocacy Forum put on by Medtronic and Bayer. It sounded like a brilliant weekend, and there are various write-ups written by Kerri, Kim, Karen, Kelly (all the Ks!), Christel and George to list but a few!

3. As I started typing this post, David wrote a blog post about his diabetes diagnosis and the positive impact the nurses had. A very good read.

4. The first Monday of February is Diabetes Art Day. It is "a web-based initiative for the Diabetes Online Community to "tell a story" about life with diabetes through creative visual expression...you're encouraged to break out of your linguistic comfort zone, bust out some art materials, and make a piece of artwork."

5. My Diabetes Secret has been going for a while now, and I can't stop checking it out. So many resonate for me, some 100% break my heart, but I'm so glad that there is this "safe place" for people.        

No comments:

Post a Comment