Friday 3 January 2014

Five For Friday: I Will.

New Year's is traditionally a time for resolutions. Except, I've never been all that great when it comes to keeping resolutions. I always start off really well, but by the end of January, if not sooner, I've already broken them. Instead, this year I've decided to make an "I Will..." list. Here are five things off my somewhat lengthy list of things I will (hopefully) accomplish in 2014.

1. I will run a 10km - last year I started going to the gym. This year, I'm challenging myself to run a 10km for a diabetes charity.

2. I will graduate with a 2:1 - gonna up my game this coming semester to make sure I graduate with a 2:1 this July. 

3. I will read more books - I miss reading for fun! I need to set aside some time to read, even if it's just for 20 minutes before bed. My aim is 12 novels. One a month. Totally do-able! If you have any recommended reads, do let me know!

4. I will find balance - I'm not sure if balance can be found between uni studies, gym, family, friends, planning for life after graduation, volunteering, diabetes and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm determined to try!

5. I will work with my diabetes - I'm now approaching four years with diabetes, and I think it's about time I learnt to work with my diabetes instead of against it. For me, this means remembering that I am not my number (hba1c number and current blood glucose reading number), listening to my body and taking the right steps to manage my diabetes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment